Skip to main content

Our Team

Risk Manager:

Kelsey Knotts, WVU Risk Manager, joined WVU Risk Management in 2014. In addition to being a graduate of the WVU Chambers College of Business & Economics, Kelsey has received the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation, and the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation.

What We Do:

Our Risk Management team is responsible for maintaining most insurance polices/records for the University. This includes management of the claims process for each type of insurance coverage. We act as the principal representative for the University to the West Virginia Board of Risk & Insurance Management (BRIM), a WVU insurance provider.

Our Risk Management team acts in an advisory capacity to faculty and staff for matters concerning insurance coverage; contract language specific to insurance requirements; and acceptable levels of risk associated with planned or proposed University activities. This service extends to HSC, the regional campuses, the Innovation Corporation and the Research Corporation.

Mailing Address:

One Waterfront Place, 3rd Floor, PO Box 6209 Morgantown, WV 26506

Phone: 304.293.2241

Monday - Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Healthcare Provider Insurance Verifications:

These requests must go through the HSC Risk Management Office.